Friday, April 1, 2011

Vintage Spring Vignettes

To herald in spring, I purchased these sweet little vintage duck planters. They just looked so happy and made me smile. I've learned long ago that if something "speaks" to you and you have it in your hand, you should buy it! But what to do with them when I got them home.....?? I had some organic oat grass seed on hand and decided to sow it in these little planters, that way I could look forward to a patch of green grass and the smell of spring long before our own yard awoke from winter slumber. I think I paid aboutt $6 total for the two planters. They'd make a really cute display on a spring Easter table, all you'd have to do is add a few colored eggs, some nice china, and you'd have a pretty and inexpensive tablescape.




I also put together this spring vignette, some of the items are new and some of the items are vintage. A good chunk of the items I purchased at rummage sales (as usual)!
The giant egg is a real ostrich egg, that came with a few feathers and only cost a quarter! What a deal! I paired it with these cutie pie bird candles, added some pebbles, and put everything into this cool bowl I found on sale at TJ Maxx. I love the the fact that it fits right in with my vintage finds.
In the background is this great fan that I got at a rummage sale for next to nothing.....great color! The sign in the background was scavanged from my parent's farm garage, its the perfect finishing touch to this blue vintage vignette.