Thursday, April 7, 2011

Good Fortune

During a treasure hunt I came across this fun find - Fortune Telling Birthday Book. I knew immediately what it was, as my grandma had one almost identical to it. In the book she had all of her children's and grandchildren's birthdays marked on the appropriate days.

I remember looking through the book and reading all the interesting and slightly mysterious fortunes, of my aunts, uncles, cousins and sisters.

Inside is information that was maybe more common knowledge years ago. For instance I know that a 50th wedding anniversary is golden. But did you know that your fourth anniversary is fruit....and your seventh is wool...and your eleventh is steel? The book also lists the meaning of birthstones, an Amethyst is sincerity, Sapphire is love and Opal is hope.









Hopefully the Fortune Telling birthday book is accurate, here's my fortune: "Your originality in everything  you do, will if cultivated bring you happiness and remuneration." Let's hope for LOTS of remuneration!