Monday, April 18, 2011

Upcycled Vintage Cloche

I've seen lots of upcycled cloches out there, but here is my take on it......I bought this old mesh colander, and have actually had it for awhile. I was trying to puzzle out some way to add a handle on the top. I had some different metal cookie cutters out for awhile, but that didn't seem to look right. Then I remembered I had an assortment of orphaned salt shakers. So I dug out this cute little squirrel.
I used Super Glue and attached him to the top as a handle. I also wanted to make a cake stand for the little cloche to sit on. So once again dug through my junk and found this pretty floral plate with a silver rim, and a basic white candlestick. I glued the two together and now have a unique cloche and cake stand set, with plenty of vintage charm.
I topped the plate with a little nest and some wooden acorns that I happened to have around the house (I guess I've been squirreling away junk!)