Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fashionably Retro

I've been buying retro patterns for the last several years, not really knowing what I was going to do with them. I'm always drawn in by the styles, colors and shapes. Found these awesome Vogue patterns, and I am gaga for this one piece summer dress. I may have to try making this.....says its very easy, I guess we'll see. This pattern image is great too, love the sunglasses. So posh....oh pool boy, where is my martini!
Also love this sweet wrap-style blouse pattern, and the Jackie O type suit with three-quarter length sleeves. Can't you just feel the white cotton gloves as you slide them on your delicately manicured hands?
I have to admit, I am most drawn to styles of the 40's, 50's and 60's, the look seems so elegant and kind of old Hollywood. Every now and then I do find cool stuff from the later 60's and 70's. I just found these funky iron ons that would look pretty amazing on some fitted t's or even tote bags, and a few other fun patterns from the time of my childhood! Enjoy the trip down memory lane!